Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Reasons To Rejoice

Check out that plunge. I also hold my nose. This is what I would like to do every time I walk out into the DC heat.

I am happy for falls, pools, lakes, streams, sprinklers, ice, oceans, and all other forms of water.

I am happy for animals like dogs and birds, seahorses and turtles.

I am happy for fruits and vegetables, those yummy morsels that spring miraculously from the earth each season.

I am happy for honest and joyful children, that absorb everything like a sponge and are capable of amazing feats.

I am happy for the wisdom of Maya Angelou, the inspiration for this post, who prays for each and everyone one of us every day. She told me so last week at the DC charter school named for her. When you imagine such an amazing and elegant woman thinking of you every day, you have a reason to rejoice.

No comments: