Friday, May 26, 2006

You Are The Apple Of My Eye

This has been an eventful week for me. I've only been home long enough to get some sleep, and not nearly enough sleep, which means I haven't had time to cook. But I just made a bunch of spaghetti for dinner so I'm carb happy now.

I received a huge complement this past week. A Trinity 06-er asked for a copy of my senior thesis because she plans on doing work in Tijuana about artistic and cultural movements, which is part of my thesis. I couldn't email it all to her because the file is huge--5.5 MB. But I'm so happy I have been contacted about my work. I'm very proud of that baby. I worked on it all senior year, and used the same topic for my Spanish thesis as well as my International Studies thesis so I had to write a version in Spanish and a version in English (they're pretty different) and one is 75 pages and the other 50. I even filmed and photographed the Tijuana-San Diego border area because I was going to make a documentary, but it ended up being too much work for me to handle at that point.

I'm so proud that my work was remembered by a professor and recommended to a student, and I'm so happy it will be used! Maybe this is a glimpse of my future--research, writing, and being used as a resource.

No comments: