There are so many things in my life to look forward to.
- Having babies some day. Smart, beautiful, curious, well-behaved, grounded, confident, multilingual babies.
- Career. Work abroad, politics, climbing the ladder, choosing my next steps, getting paid for it.
- Travel. Niagara with husband, Montreal, Paris, Japan, Portugal, London, New Zealand, overwater bungalows...
- Activities. Learning Farsi/Arabic, Tagalog, perfecting Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian...
- Bike rides
- Trying delicious, crazy new foods/drinks I have never dreamed of - like the lard chunks cooked in milk my Croatian friend described to me
- Wearing perfect dresses on perfect days
- Enjoying random kindness of/to strangers
- Self-deprecating humor
- Meeting/ spending time with true friends
- Living: In new/different countries, houses, making plans and taking detours
- Living at peace with myself
- Having that falling-in-love feeling about life.
(Written during my lunch hour, in the sun, in the park, while in a really good mood. I'll read this over again periodically to remind myself that I am LIVING)