Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Temblique

Sunday morning I wake up from my 10.5 hour catch-up-from-a-week-of-early-rising with a strange yet familiar word in my head: "temblique." I pictured the word spelled just like that, spelled the Spanish way. The first person I told about this was my bf, a native Spanish speaker, and he told me that I was just making up words.

However, from what I can tell after a bit of googling, Temblique is a Filipino surname, temblique means something like tremble in Spanish, and Temblique is a small town in the province of Cagayan, the Philippines. There must be some reason for me thinking of this particular word. For all I know, I have distant ancestors from Temblique (I'm half Filipina). So I keep thinking that I need to go to Temblique because I'm pretty sure they need me there. It seems like a pretty insignificant town judging by the lack of google hits. But if I'm not meant to go to Temblique, why did I wake up one morning thinking about that darn word?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was looking up the word "Temblique" over the internet when I ran into your page. My last name is Temblique, but I don't know what it means. Any idea???