Sunday, April 16, 2006

Block Rockin' Peeps


Peepfight
Originally uploaded by Rock and Racehorses.
I just got back from church (I hadn't been since Christmas) and it was a very nice service. A co-worker invited me to her Unitarian Universalist church, and it was the most different church experience I've ever had. They have the most diverse congregation I have ever seen (besides what I saw in Brazil, where everyone was very visually diverse). The music was also pretty awesome, as they created arrangements feautring South African freedom songs, traditional Christian hymns, R&B, drumming, and even scatting. I have never experienced such a pluralistic form of worship, and it was pretty inspiring to see all different kinds of people together in a church.

Now my roommates and I are finishing up our preparations for Easter supper. We're going to a co-worker's houses to have supper. We started cooking last night at 9pm, preparing such delights as scalloped potatoes, asparagus, chick cupcakes, and key lime pie. I'll have to take pictures to show how everything turned out. I have been neglecting my camera lately because it's extremely slow.

Since I've moved and the weather has turned so mild and lovely I've gotten to see a whole different side of DC. Flowers are in full bloom, the trees have regained their leaves, and I'm back in my flip-flops. Yesterday my bf and I took a nap in a nearby park. There's just something about Spring. And the same goes for Easter. I've recently decided that Easter is my favorite holiday. But I keep thinking of my nieces and how I'm missing them going on egg hunts and wearing their cute dresses and hats and donning their baskets. Easter is the most visually appealing of holidays to me, so I've been searching for a picture that represents Easter to me. It has proven very challenging, especially because I haven't taken any pictures of my own in a while.

No comments: