Saturday, January 14, 2006

Smithsonienne

I finally made it to 2 free museums today and had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Highlights: Lincoln's hat, glow-in-the-dark minerals, jewels that made me want to burgle (I'm convinced jewels bring out the worst in mankind), Julia Child's irreverence, learning about Sikhs and realizing that I have known many in my life.

I was surprised at all the very young, cranky, and misbehaved children at the museums. Half the time their parents would be dragging them away from the exhibits they hadn't gotten tired of yet. What's the point of bringing them in the first place?! And within 10 seconds I had picked up two little boy's dropped shoes. Usually when I see kids doing fun stuff I wish I had my nieces to play with, but today I was glad to be roaming around at my own pace without worrying about anyone's poopy pants but my own.

The PeaceCorps Skank called me mid-museum. He said he has a blog. Once I get the link I will put it on here so you can check it out.

And on the way back I yelled at people for blocking the metro door. The Metro's awful on the weekends.

No comments: