Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pabst Blue Ribbon

I kept myself awake last night thinking about my monetary sich. I figured out that in my current position someone basically hands me $1 every 5 minutes. When I think about it that way, I'm not very satisfied. I think getting $1/minute would be much more satisfactory. That's what I was getting when I taught last semester. It was awesome, and well worth it. Hopefully I can teach the class again next quarter. I'm very poor. Well, at least I have learned how to eat on $4-8 a day and mooch off my boyfriend. He's always good for dinner out or something, which is nice, because one gets sick of what one cooks day after day.

Every day, someone asks me if I've done something to my hair. I'm very happy with my haircut. I got it for free from a hairstylist that's into "strong women" ie. "butch women with thick necks and almost no hair." So she lopped off basically all my hair, and her colorist added a cool tri-colored chunk that reminds me of the mirror I made in woodshop in 7th grade (I made it out of three different kinds of wood and it won a blue ribbon at the county fair). Resulta que, my hair looks different every day, and all I have to do is towel it dry in the morning and voila. And when I clip it back in different and interesting ways it looks different. It even looks different when I wear glasses vs. contacts.

But enough about my hair. I guess my point was, the best things in life ARE free. Like the free lunch a got from a co-worker today. It was delicious and gingery and white-ricey.

1 comment:

MaggieRoo said...

That's a very smart and free way to eat. My dad said that he was very impressed.