Sunday, June 06, 2010

Annoyances

I can't tell you how many times I've been offended here. They're not big offenses - it's mostly invasions of space and privacy, dangerous maneuvers on the road, and cutting in line. Actually, as you will see, most of my problems come down to the cutting. It's similar to how I was offended in Italy, but here I tend to feel invaded with more frequency. Here is my gripe list, in no particular order:

1. I'm in line, and you approach from the side and cut. Or, I'm in line, and you come in from the side and put your stuff on the counter while I'm still holding on to my stuff, effectively cutting in front of me.
2. I'm driving on the road, and you push in front of me quickly, without signalling, without looking over your shoulder, with no concern for anyone's safety.
3. I'm in line and you push in and yell out a question to the cashier, again, cutting.
4. I'm in line and you move up so far that you're literally on top of me. Both men and women are guilty of this, and it makes me uncomfortable. (This happens a lot to me in the U.S. as well, I think I have space issues.)
5. I'm sitting on a bench, and you come in with your entire family, knowing that you can't all fit on the bench with me there, and start bringing out food, spilling stuff all over me, letting your kids run on top of me, until I leave and let you have the bench to yourself.

Cutters never prosper!

No comments: