Monday, May 24, 2010

I bet you think this post is about you

The birds here are amazing. I didn't know it was possible for a large, dense city to have so many songbirds. My first week here I took a walk near where I was staying and I heard some whistling. Being an experienced traveler of Latin American environs, I figured it was some local men tirandome piropos (catcalling). But I soon found out that there were no whistling men around, it was the birds. Little vain old me, always thinking that I must be what all the fuss is about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should come out of your blog-closet and link it to facebook!

~Tico

Rachel said...

I concur with T-dawg.

Birds keep trying to get into my room. I've been woken up by their tap-tap-taping on my windows with their beaks. My friends say it's like Snow White or Cinderella which is lovely.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be more like Hitchcock's "The Birds"... careful!

~Tico