Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shout outs to my alma maters

This clip from the HuffPost calls my first alma matter one of the 10 preppiest colleges in the US (and thus, probably, the world).

And this is a really funny clip from SNL. If you watch real close, you'll see my 2nd alma mater featured in the background. It's around the 2 minute mark. "Sarah Palin" is calling SAISers part of the "elite."

I have mixed feelings about these schools I attended. I have a lot of complaints about both of them, but I'm happy/proud to have graduated from them.

First, looking back, these schools were waaaay to expensive for me. Especially the 2nd one. It'll take me many, many years to pay off the student loans. I should have known better - that's why they can afford to be elitist. But I guess it taught me to continue seeing things from different angles, not just one, and to keep being myself. The elitist queen that I am.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Haha! My first alma mater, one of the ten preppiest -- my second, I'm sure, if there is a study somewhere, is in the top ten hippyest...

Pros and cons with each...

School cultures are weird...