Thursday, June 15, 2006

California Eatin'

In-n-Out, double-single, animal style
Raspberries (so very sweet)
Cherries (so much cheaper than in DC)
Carnitas (with all the trimmings from an authentic Mexican shop)
Basque food (featuring pickled cow tongue that was pretty good)
Blueberry pancakes

I feel like I've been in California for a long time, like I never left. But I keep thinking about my friends, boyfriend, and stuff in DC.
Everyone I know here is either flying to or recently coming back from Asia--mostly China, Japan, Philippines. If I wasn't going to grad school this year I would definitely be on my way to the Far East, but as it is now I guess I'll just have to settle (ha) for Europe. I don't even know exactly where I want to be anymore, geographically. I suppose it doesn't matter, really, as long as my mind and soul are in the right place. Here's to figuring that out.

No comments: