Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I thought to myself "SELF!"

Yesterday I made a friend go boot shopping with me. We went to Filene's Basement and found a pathetic and cheap-looking selection. Then my friend suggested we go back up Connecticut to another shoe spot. And my boots were in the window, in three colors. I picked the brown ones, and they were a good fit. Oh, and the shoe guy wanted to measure my foot even though I knew my size and I'm 25 years old. My feet stopped growing long ago, so you'd think I'd know my size.

So I didn't bat an eye at the pricetag, bought the boots, and when I started admiring them later that evening, I thought "Hrm. That was a lot of freakin' money I just spent there. I wonder if I could by chance google my boots and see if there's some kind of deal anywhere else." And lo and behold, the first page to come up had my boots, my color, my size. I bought them, with free shipping, for 75% off the store price. Cha-ching!

Here's hoping that the package arrives in good time and I actually get what I wanted.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hmm. The shoe store man probably has a foot fetish. Why else would he work in a shoe store?

Yay!!! Blogger MaggieRoo! I'm glad you're back! I miss you and your alter-ego Shnickad a ton! xoxo