Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Though your heart is breaking

Everything I've learned about customer service I learned from my first job (at a fast-food restaurant).
  • Greet the customer with a smile and a welcome
  • Answer a "thank you" with a "thank you" instead of a "you're welcome" (I still do this, and I think people think that it's weird. For some reason, "you're welcome" sounds too harsh to me.)
  • Annunciate when you speak
  • Repeat the order before you ring it up to make sure it's right
  • Count out the customer's change in front of them
  • The customer IS always right (you can have doubts, but treat them like they're right, except in extreme circumstance where you know they're just trying to work the system)
This combination of things rarely happens at any restaurants/businesses that I frequent in my city.

No comments: