Monday, October 20, 2008

R2, it is you!

During my last week of freedom, before I began my first ever real job-without-end, I sat down to do something I never really did before. I watched Star Wars, episodes 4-6 (the newest movies disappointed me and I still feel burned, but I'll give them a second chance some day). The movies are so good! I wouldn't change a thing. Perfectly classic. Everyone should watch them. The world George Lucas created is amazing, and all the detail he put in to it is awesome.

Some things that I love: Not only is Leia the ultimate no-nosense feminist, but she snags the hottest dude in the galaxy. R2D2, although a droid, is as cute as the cutest puppy. If he doesn't make you all warm and fuzzy inside, you have no insides.

When I was younger, my brothers, especially the youngest, used to have Star Wars playing in the VCR all the time. But I realized, when I recently watched, that I never actually sat down and saw all of them from start to finish. It seems I was always doing something else at the same time. Well, my husband was a little miffed that I watched episode 4 while he was at work, but we watched the other two together like a family. Apparently, from the day we met he has been waiting for me to express an interest in watching them with him. I'm glad we had the bonding experience, and I heartily recommend the movies.

No comments: